The pages attached below this page will eventually document the various Lobban/Loban genealogies that we have been able to trace through written records, with family histories and mapped family tree charts when possible.
The “big picture” accounts are still subject to revision as we learn more about the extent of the haplogroups:
- Rothiemay Area Lobbans (rewritten March 2019 with DNA results)
- William 1732 = Margaret Reburn [probably connected to Rothiemay haplogroup]
- Glass Area Lobbans
- The Lobbans of Virginia, USA
Three other lines known so far, still to be written up (and we may well find more):
- The Labans of Tholen Island, Holland
- Urquhart area Lobbans
- Inverness/Black Isle area Lobbans
Under each of these groups we hope to add particular family stories, and we are seriously looking for Lobban genealogists to help with this big task, so if you have created a tree for your family and would like to contribute a synopsis of the Lobbans in it, please contact me. You have the stories, I only have the statistics!
Page created by Chris Lobban, last edited 25 July 2018, revised 12 May 2019.